Requirements to Become a CASA Volunteer Include:
1. Interest in children, their rights, and special needs and at least 21 years of age.
2. Time to devote to training sessions, research and follow-up of an assigned case
(one year minimum commitment averaging 12-15 hours per month).
3. Ability to respect and relate to people from various backgrounds in a variety of settings using tact, compassion and basic human relations skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills– making verbal and written reports to the court, to the CASA staff and to other persons as needed.
5. Ability to gather and record factual information accurately.
6. Ability to be approved following a background investigation.
7. Ability to provide at least three references from sources other than relatives.
Please take a moment to fill out our volunteer interest form and someone from our program will be in touch with you shortly to schedule a meeting.